Again I am very frustrated becase blogger won't let me move the pictures around to the right order. So when I originally uploaded them, the ones I started with are at the bottom of the page. Grrrr! So Friday night before Halloween we carved our big pumpkin. Andrew gave his input as to the shape of the eyes, nose, and mouth. He helped draw it on and scoop some of the guts out.
Here is the finished product: a happy-faced pumpkin

Andrew with his table knife for carving



The happy pumpkin carver

Mommy is carving the spots he asked me too while he's being goofy

Mommy and Andrew

Doing the fine-tuning :) (or fine carving as the case may be)

Very concentrated

Scooping the guts out with his fingers! To see what it felt like, what a boy!

Scoopin' pumpkin guts


Mommy, the real pumpkin carver, well once daddy could get the top off for us. I think we should cut a round hole in the top next year, maybe it would be easier to get out.


Trying to scrape those darn seeds and good away from the sides, they're pretty tenacious.

Inspecting the inside of the pumpkin before the real work begins

Down and dirty :)

"Cheese!"

Pretending to lick it/eat it

Getting ready, apron on

Andrew and daddy plotting out the pumkin design, only one fatality, crummy cheap knife that broke in two

Cheesy boys
(I need to get out from behind the camera more)

Drawing on the lines for cutting

Deciding on a happy or a scared faced pumpkin
The verdict: a happy-faced pumpkin!
No comments:
Post a Comment