Andrew slept in his big boy bed tonight for the first time in months!!! Yeah!!!
With only one time-out!
Andrew and I put Spider-Man sheets on his bed yesterday that he had picked out and I thought that would work. But he kept getting out of bed last night and slept in his play pen finally. We went for a playdate at his friend Ethan's house today and I thought a little peer pressure might work. Ethan showed him his bed and how he sleeps in it.
Tonight he got in and I told him he would have a time-out if he didn't stay in his bed. He got up once and got a second chance and then he had one time out and didn't get up again. Except about half an hour later I went to go clean up the bath toys in his tub and he heard me and came out. I took him back to bed and told him if he got up he would get a time-out again.
He hasn't gotten up again. So maybe it worked!!
*******
Wednesday morning update:
He only fell out of bed once at 2:30 this morning and daddy put him back in. Then he got up between 7:30 and 8:00, not too bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment