Monday, June 15, 2009

More Andrew-isms

**Andrew asks 'why' about 300 times a day. I was going to the bathroom and he asked me why, I told him because I had to go potty, he said why and I told him people just do, go away. Then he asked, "Is the baby going potty?" I told him well sort of, I guess.

**"Why is baby sleeping" We've told him the baby is growing and sleeping in mommy's tummy right now.

**Andrew gives the baby (my stomach) kisses and says "I love you baby, night, night" at bedtime. He also gives my stomach a raspberry, then I give him one back. He tickled my stomach (I tickled him back) and then he asked, "Does the baby have hands like baby Eliana and Ethan and I do?"

**Kicking us out of the bathroom so he can go potty like a big boy all by himself (standing up). Daddy taught him how to go potty like a big boy so for the last 2 weeks he's been going by himself most of the time. As long as he has elastic waist shorts/pants on or we unsnap his pants before we go in. He'll come in the living room and tell me, "I'll be back in a minute. You stay here" and he runs upstairs.
**He did get in trouble for going potty while he was outside and for peeing on the carpet. Daddy told him he would get a timeout for peeing on the carpet and he got really upset and said, "I'll stand right here, I'll help you clean it up."

**Andrew was supposed to be going to sleep, Daddy was sitting by his bed and he said, "Daddy, can you tell me a story?" He told him, " Andrew it's late." So he said, "Tell me a Jesus story." So Daddy couldn't resist. When he was done, Andrew said "Jesus Loves Me."
**I was sick a couple of weeks ago with a nasty cold. Andrew was dilly-dallying in the bathroom and I said jokingly, I don't feel good, don't mess with me. Andrew had shared his pirate booty snack with me at storytime and told me it would make me feel better. So he turned to me and said, "You're okay. You had pirate's booty, it makes you feel better." How sweet!
**He also saved some of his french fries to bring home to share with mommy and baby. :)

No comments: