Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Mommy Meltdown

This week has been particularly trying and stressful for me. Actually the past 6 weeks have. I've had extra computer classes for work, Matt started his night class (which is going great and he's enjoying, it just means I have to pick Andrew up after a 12-13 hour shift and go home and feed the dogs and get him to bed so I can get up and do it again the next day), and Andrew has been throwing fits when he doesn't get his way.

Monday (10/20)--I was about ready to snap. We had done fun things all weekend but Andrew has been saying 'NO!!' and crying and throwing tantrums whenever we asked him to do anything and my personal favorite, running away in public. He ran away from me 3 times out the door of the library that morning. I brought him back in and had my arm around his waist while I checked out books so he couldn't get away. He was shouting "Ow, ow, ow!!" The librarian came over and helped me.

That afternoon/evening, we went to Fred Meyer and the bank, which is inside the store. We came out of the bank and he wanted to walk and I calmly told him no, he's going to ride this time. I lifted him up and he was not going to let me put his feet down into the seat and he was crying and wailing, somewhat embarrassing. He was good through the store. We had some tussels at dinner and bedtime, but he helped me make 'muddy buddies' and that is the night that he went on the potty.

Tuesday, luckily my dad watched Andrew at our house and I didn't have to pick him up because I didn't get home until almost 9:00!! And still had to read him stories and do his regular bedtime routine. We started our all computer charting at work. Needless to say it is a lot more work right now, I know it will get better. But I leave work feeling so drained and have a headache. I was there until 8:00 and I only went to the bathroom twice!! (in 13 hours) One of my bosses so aptly put it when she walked by and said 'smile, you look like you just got the crap kicked out of you.' I said that's because that's the way I feel.

Wednesday was not much better at work and I didn't get out until 8:30, so Matt picked up Andrew after school. I didn't get home until after 9:00! I was sooooo exhausted. On top of which I've been trying not to get sick for the past 4 weeks because Andrew and Matt have been sick and I usually get what they've had.

Matt was very sweet and sent me for a massage on Thursday morning which was very relaxing and we had a playdate with Ethan and his mommy Kelley in the afternoon. Andrew was very well behaved at their house this time.

Friday we went to the Hoot 'n' Howl at Northwest Trek. (See next post)

Saturday I was exhausted at work and just plain worn out. By 5:30 I started to get a fever and chills and felt like I was going to throw up so I left, by 8:00 I had a fever of 102.6. Something had to give, me.

No comments: