Monday, August 25, 2008

Last Week

I don't have a lot of things to post for last week. Monday (8/18/08) daddy and Andrew tried to go to the park so mommy could go back to sleep (it was early in the morning and I hadn't been sleeping much), but there was thunder and lightning so they went to Fred Meyer, walked around, shared a chocolate milk, and came home with a Hot Wheels car. We went to his buddy Ethan's house in the afternoon.

Reading books "together."

Ethan got up when I was trying to take pictures....

I asked him to sit back down with Andrew and he came closer to the camera when I took it. :)

Tuesday (8/19/08)--Daddy and Uncle Marc took Andrew to Northwest Trek for the morning. Andrew also got up VERY early and he and daddy had already been to vote and for a walk by the time Uncle Marc came to our house at 8:30! Mommy had a relaxing day and went to a movie in the afternoon with friends.

Another tram ride (for some reason Andrew cries every time we stand in line to get on the tram, but he likes the animals)

the free-roaming animals


A roosevelt elk I think??

Uncle Marc

They're studying the animals very intently

and playing with tractors


Say cheese! Andrew and Uncle Marc

A mountain goat

Daddy and Andrew

We don't always get to see the black bears, but apparently that day they were playing and splashing in the stream.

Andrew likes the wolves and usually they're sleeping when we have been there but they were playing right up close. There is a kids tunnel with plexiglass on it so they can get up close and see them. Andrew howls at the wolves. :)


Friday, I took Andrew to get his haircut, it was getting very shaggy! He was such a good little boy! He didn't cry the entire time and was very patient, he got to have a sucker afterwards. He likes the barber now. We go to Chong's and I asked him where we were going and he said 'chong's' although it sounds more like 'ong's' I asked him if he was going to say hi Chong and he said no. Here are before and after pictures:

BEFORE:

Good smile Andrew!

And the big cheesy grin. Look how long it is! Time for a cut so it won't get so sweaty when he's hot.
AFTER:
SOOOO adorable!!

Much better, now it won't be so hot!

We spent most of the weekend around the house, cleaning and getting things done. He did get to go to grams and grumpa's house on Saturday night while we went out. He had a great time as always. He was also very excited when Grams and Grumpa came to our house for dinner on Sunday. He got to show Grams his new bed...which he doesn't sleep in now (for about a week) because he prefers a big pillow on the floor next to the bed. :)

He did enjoy a trip to the library this morning (Monday, 8/25) , he loves to play with the puzzles and blocks. He is talking up a storm. He can do 4 word sentences now and he's becoming a lot clearer and saying many more words than I knew he could say. Like, "Andrew do it." Which means there is a struggle at bedtime over brushing teeth. We let him do it first and then Mommy or Daddy does it too, which he doesn't always like.

No comments: