Monday, August 18, 2008

Snuggles and storytime with mommy

One of my favorite times of the day is naptime and bedtime when I would get to snuggle with Andrew, rock him, and sing to him. He doesn't let me do this anymore because he has big boy bed which he loves and jumps in for storytime and then kisses me goodnight and tells me to leave.

So, I thoroughly enjoy any snuggling I get, he is very affectionate with kisses and hugs though. It surprised me when one morning he curled up with me on the couch just before naptime. He did get to share my crackers too. :)


My sweet little boy


Smile!

One of Andrew's favorite times of the day is storytime.



My little helper helps me 'read' the book and turn the pages, how sweet.

Bedtime was not so fun last night and hasn't been for a few nights. He usually goes to bed really well. We read stories, then we go brush teeth and he gets back in bed, say our prayers and give kisses good night. Frequently within ten minutes of going to bed he comes to the door (which has a baby gate across it) and says 'stinky.' If I change his diaper then he goes back to bed without a problem.....not anymore! He keeps getting out of bed, he thinks it's hysterical. He didn't actually go to sleep until about 9:45 last night! And...he got up at 6:40!!!

On another note, I think he might be ready for potty-training soon, we'll see. I don't want to push him so much that he doesn't want to do it. He used to tell us 'stinky' for poopy diapers, but now he tells us 'stinky' every time he has a wet diaper too and sometimes he lays down on the floor to be changed. A lot of times he tells me 'noooooo' when I ask if he needs to sit on the potty but he let me put him on the potty a few times in the last couple of days, he just hasn't done anything on it yet. He asks for 'paper please' and wipes himself and flushes. :)

No comments: