Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snowed In......at work :)

So last night Matt started throwing up and was up most of the night and sick today, yuck! I however had to go to work. I hadn't driven the Saturn since Wednesday, it took me at least 10-12 minutes to sweep off all the snow and scrape off all of the ice, I even broke off half of the ice scraper! The roads were compact with snow by our house but got better on the freeways.

That is until this afternoon. It started snowing at about 1:45 this afternoon and it hasn't stopped since. I got off work at 7:30 p.m. and I have to be back tomorrow at 7:00 a.m. I would have much rather gone home and seen my hubby and read Andrew stories and snuggle him and put him to bed, but I made the decision to sleep at the hospital tonight. :( I'm afraid it's going to be really bad in the morning. One of the other nurses said it took her an hour and she lives about halfway out to my house, it probably would have taken me 1 1/2-2 hours to get home and who knows how long in the morning, so it's probably for the best.

I will post yesterday's snow pictures when I get home tomorrow night.

Andrew was going to go to grandma and grandpa's house this afternoon while daddy was sick, but he took an extra-long nap (lucky for daddy) and the roads were already slick. Andrew was a pretty good sport while daddy was sick. He made daddy lay on the couch and gave him a blanket. Then he crawled up on the couch and said he was 'snuggling with daddy.' Right before bedtime he even put away ALL his toys, without being asked.

I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to see Andrew and so was he, but I called him at storytime before he went to bed. I told him that I'd heard he was a very good boy today and he very proudly told me that he put away all his toys. :) He said 'I Love You!' so I guess that is good enough for tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope both your boys are feeling better! And drive carefully getting home tonight. This snow stuff is INSANE. I can't believe how much we have.